ELYRIA, Ohio — Police are investigating after a 28-year-old man was found dead inside a home on Elyria's south side Wednesday morning.
Officers arrived at the house on the 100 block of Church Lane, not far from the Black River, just after 8:30 a.m. The victim was found unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities have not determined a cause of death or released the man's name at this time. The Lorain County Coroner's Office will conduct an autopsy.
This matter is still under investigation, with police pledging to release more information "at a later date."
- Highland Middle School student in custody after allegedly sharing graphic image and making threats
- 2 road crew members critically injured in Stow after being struck by alleged drunk driver
- Cleveland Police asking for help locating missing teenager
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 150 stores
- Jayland Walker shooting: Here's what newly released Akron police bodycam video reveals
- Akron to begin installing 'enhanced' water meters for all customers: What this means for you and the changes to expect
- Police: Man dies after being shot by officer serving warrant in Columbus
- Suspect wanted for Buffalo murder arrested in Cleveland
- Court won't hear appeal in Oberlin College $25M judgment