LORAIN COUNTY, Ohio — A 34-year-old man has died after authorities say the vehicle he was working on fell on top of him Wednesday afternoon.
It was around 6:22 p.m. when authorities were called to the scene in the 22200 block of Fairgrounds Road in Wellington Township after the man was found trapped and unresponsive beneath a two-door Honda.
A preliminary investigation determined the man was laying on a mechanics creeper while working underneath the vehicle.
“The Honda had been elevated from the concrete floor by two jack stands and two metal car ramps,” according to the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office. “At some point within approximately 90 minutes prior to the 911 call, the Honda shifted backward off the ramps and jack stands. This caused the Honda to fall onto the male, and he subsequently passed away.”
The man’s name has not yet been released and no information was immediately available. We will update this story if any additional details are released.
- Man dies in crash after police chase through Richland County
- I-480 crash kills 2, injures 5 near I-77 interchange
- Pole crashes through SUV on I-75 in Bowling Green, woman uninjured
- Detectives look at SUV's 'black box' from Tiger Woods crash
- Distracted driving crackdown: Troopers launch increased enforcement along 27 miles of Ohio Turnpike
- 48-year-old man dies after vehicle involved in crash with train in Cleveland
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published on March 9, 2021.