ELYRIA, Ohio — The Elyria Police Department says two people were killed in an accident involving a semi-truck on State Route 57 Thursday afternoon.
According to police, the incident happened around 11:30 a.m. near North Abbe Road when 57-year-old Kenneth Burdick lost control of his semi-truck and crossed over in the southbound lanes of SR 57, striking a Dodge Caravan.
Officials with the Elyria Police Department confirmed that two people, the driver and passenger of the Dodge Caravan, were deceased upon the arrival of medical personnel.
Police also tell 3News that the semi-truck's trailer hit a Cadillac SRX and a Volkswagen Atlas, and that both drivers were transported to University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center for their injuries.
The names of those killed in the Thursday morning crash are not being released at this time, pending notification of next of kin.
Police are currently investigating this crash and are asking anyone with information to reach out to Sgt. Palmer with (440) 323-3302 or email@example.com
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates as they come in.
MORE RELATED HEADLINES:
- RELATED: Some Euclid students now back to remote-learning due to bus driver shortage; officials asking Gov. DeWine to call in National Guard for assistance
- RELATED: Rally planned after Elyria police officer caught on camera smashing man's head into cement
- RELATED: Former Cleveland mayor Jane Campbell endorses Justin Bibb to be city's next mayor
- RELATED: Alice Cooper exhibit now open at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- RELATED: I PROMISE principal placed on administrative leave amid allegation of striking student
Editor's note: the video in the player above is from an unrelated story.