MEDINA, Ohio — Customers of Dan's Dogs Diner in Medina were surprised to learn earlier this week that the popular restaurant was closing its doors on West Liberty Street.
The restaurant shared the news on their Facebook page earlier this week saying they're currently looking for a new location.
"Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have ceased operations at our current location effective July 31," the diner wrote in their Facebook post. "We appreciate the overwhelming support of the community that has allowed our business to operate for several decades at this location. We are currently looking for a new location to continue serving the community. We have several opportunities in the works, but we are also open to suggestions from everyone."
Their post received hundreds of comments with people throughout Northeast Ohio reacting to the closure, many suggesting new places they could relocate. Here’s a small sample of some of the comments:
- “Come to Wadsworth!!!!!!! We need you!”
- “Oh no, I loved your restaurant”
- “This sucks…been coming here since I could walk..we’d have my birthday party there in the 90’s then take everyone next door to see a movie at the old theater, then in middle school all my friends would walk all the way from AI Root to the square to grab a shake & a dog and play hackysack in the parking lot accross [sic] the way…I moved to Arizona in 2016 but every time I come home I always stop in for a mac attack or a frito bandito and I last was there the day after Christmas this past year…had no clue it would be my last time in that diner…so sad..this was one of the last parts of my Medina childhood I could always count on”
- “This breaks my heart, our family has been going for generations, my parents took me, we took our children now we’ve taken our grandchildren”
- “I am so sorry to hear and look forward to visiting your new location!”
- Twisted Olive in North Canton ranked among 100 best restaurants for outdoor dining in America
- Galley Boy at Swensons named best burger in Ohio in new national rankings
- Last Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips restaurant celebrates 50 years in Cuyahoga Falls
- When is the Mexican Pizza returning to Taco Bell? Here's the date
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on Aug. 3, 2022.