MEDINA COUNTY, Ohio — Authorities are investigating after a pedestrian “who was walking in the roadway” was killed Wednesday night after being struck by a vehicle in Sharon Township.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says the incident happened around 9:25 p.m. Wednesday on Route 18 near State Road.
The pedestrian, who has not yet been identified, was struck by a 2016 Chrysler driven by a 43-year-old resident of Akron. The pedestrian was taken to Medina City Hospital where they were later pronounced dead.
Authorities say the crash remains under investigation.
No additional details were immediately available. Stay with 3News as we will update this story with more information once new details are released.
- Troopers seize gun, $88,200 worth of meth during traffic stop in Ohio
- RTA temporarily shutting down Waterfront Line over safety concerns
- Ohio State Highway Patrol: One third of fatal crashes between 2018-2020 due to unsafe speed
- Traffic changes coming to I-480 Valley View Bridge as construction project continues
- A look at the deadliest stretches of road in Northeast Ohio
- 3 die in separate Akron crashes Thursday: Here's what happened
- Don't hang face masks on your rear-view mirror, AAA advises
- US Marshal's Office recovers more than a dozen missing children in Northeast Ohio during recent operation
- Mentor Police testing new license plate reader system to help officers fight and solve crimes
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published on July 8, 2021.