MEDINA COUNTY, Ohio — The Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP) is investigating a fatal crash that killed a man walking in Guilford Township.
The crash happened on Friday, Sept. 9 at around 8:17 p.m. at 9075 River Styx Road in Medina County.
After arriving at the scene, OSHP troopers discovered a 2011 KIA Optima sedan with heavy front-end damage from allegedly hitting the pedestrian.
OSHP identified the victim as 61-year-old Alan Herrington of Wadsworth.
Upon investigation, OSHP troopers believe that Herrington was walking northbound on River Styx Road and the KIA traveling Northbound hit the pedestrian.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol was assisted by the Medina County Sheriff's Department, Seville Police Department and the Medina County Coroner's Office.
At this time, the investigation is ongoing.
- 14-year-old in stable condition after being shot in Cleveland Heights; 12-year-old arrested
- Former Canton McKinley football coaches dismissed from federal lawsuit alleging they forced player to eat pizza
- Oberlin College begins payment of $36.59 million to Gibson's Bakery after Ohio Supreme Court refuses to hear appeal
- 2 deputies killed in line of duty while serving warrant in Marietta neighborhood, Cobb Sheriff says
- Uvalde Police investigating shooting at city's Memorial Park; two juveniles being treated in San Antonio hospitals
- After a lifetime of preparation, Charles takes the throne
- Ohio man sentenced to prison for harassment against TV actress and her daughter
- 'A stalwart': World mourns Britain's Queen Elizabeth II
- NASA announces 2 potential launch dates for Artemis 1
- 4 killed and 3 injured in Memphis shooting spree | A timeline of the rampage
- 9-year-old girl, 34-year-old mom die in Geauga County house fire