OHIO CITY, Ohio — *Editor's Note: The video in the player above originally aired on February 22, 2021.
MetroHealth is hoping to provide Ohioans with greater access to healthcare through the addition of its full-service retail pharmacy located inside the Ohio City Health Center.
“A lot of our health center facilities have a pharmacy within a mile. By being right inside the health center, we're going to save patients time and help to ensure they are getting their prescriptions filled," said Ryan Mezinger, Associate Director, Retail Pharmacy Operations.
The new pharmacy will be available to both patients and non-MetroHealth patients in an effort to ensure Ohioans have access to healthcare no matter their geographic location.
According to a press release from MetroHealth on Monday, those seeking services at the new pharmacy will have access to the following:
- The best possible price for prescriptions.
- Free home delivery of medication (with same-day service in some cases).
- Flavored medication for children.
- Low-priced over-the-counter medications.
- Easy access to RTA.
- Free parking.
The Ohio City Health Center is located at 4757 Lorain Ave. in Cleveland. The center offers a variety of services such as primary and specialty care, pediatrics, OB/GYN, behavioral health as well as MetroExpressCare that provides non-emergency treatment for urgent care issues.
The pharmacy is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information on the pharmacy, click here.
*Editor's Note: The video in the player above originally aired on April 12, 2019.
- RELATED: PLAY BALL! Cleveland Indians home opener: All the changes you can expect at Progressive Field
- RELATED: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine to give COVID safety guidance for proms, graduations as variants continue spreading, cases increase
- RELATED: Norwegian Cruises asks CDC to allow trips from US starting in July
- RELATED: 29-year-old man wanted for felonious assault: Fugitive of the Week
- RELATED: US hits new vaccination record as COVID cases, hospitalizations rise