WAYNE COUNTY, OHIO, Ohio — A pilot of a Wayne County crop duster is receiving treatment for his injuries today after crashing Wednesday morning in Green Township.
According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the incident happened when an Air Tractor AT-502 was crop dusting fields on Bechtel Road when the plane struck a wire and crash into power lines and utility poles.
The plane came to a final stop near a garage and the pilot, who was the only passenger on board, was taken to Wooster Community Hospital for minor injuries.
Officials say that electric and cable lines were damaged in the accident and crews with American Electric Power and MCTV are fixing the issues.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
No other details are available at this time.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates.
- RELATED: Kent State University to require masks on campus, effective immediately
- RELATED: Cuyahoga County health officials recommend masks be worn by everyone indoors
- RELATED: Cleveland Guardians announce 2022 schedule; open at home vs. Kansas City Royals on March 31
- RELATED: COVID-19 in Ohio: State reports 2,167 new cases in the last 24 hours
- RELATED: No more Polar Express! Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad replacing popular holiday train ride with "North Pole Adventure"