MANSFIELD, Ohio — Mansfield police confirm an officer shot a man they describe as a suspect early Wednesday evening in the city.
Authorities state they were investigating a shooting on Johns Avenue that led to a chase of a 20-year-old man who later got into a struggle with an officer on the 600 block of West 4th Street. According to police investigators, the man pulled a gun, and the officer shot him around 6:43 p.m.
The man who was shot is being treated at a local hospital, as is the officer, who suffered minor injuries. Officials do not known the condition of the 22-year-old victim who was injured in the original shooting that brought law enforcement to the scene, only saying that he, too, was taken to the hospital.
The below video was taken during the incident by eyewitness Amber Broadus. (Editor's Warning: Video contains sounds of gunfire)
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is working with local officials to find out what happened. Stay with 3News for updates as they become available.
- Citizens for a Safer Cleveland submit 15,000 signatures to get police reform initiative on the November ballot
- Police: Suspects break into Sandusky repair shop, kill 2 dogs
- Police: Ravenna woman feared kidnapped in Cleveland
- Ohio Senate passes bill backing compensation for college athletes
- Anti-hazing bill 'Collin's Law' unanimously passed by Ohio Senate
- Woman attacks Ravenna McDonald's employees due to refusal to mix slushie flavors
- Former St. Edward assistant wrestling coach pleads guilty to sexually abusing 2 team members, will serve prison time