EASTLAKE, Ohio — Did you see it?
Social media was buzzing Thursday night as many reported seeing a bright light fly through the night sky in Northeast Ohio.
The American Meteor Society said early Friday that they've received 662 reports “about a fireball” that was seen in multiple states – including Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Steve Ford sent us video of the moment, which was captured on his security camera in Eastlake shortly after 7:30 p.m. You can watch that video in the player at the top of this story. You can see also an extended version of that same clip in the player below, which features slower, zoomed-in footage.
Here's another view of the meteor -- this time captured on dashcam video -- as sent to us by Darryl Kirkpatrick.
If you have any pictures or video of the meteor moment, please send them to 3News by texting us at 216-344-3300. Don't forget to include your name and location. We might use your content on TV or online at WKYC.com.
The National Weather Service in Pittsburgh also tweeted the following video of the meteor:
You can see a few more clips from across social media below:
- New details released after Parma police end shelter in place advisory for residents of Pearl Road and Velma Avenue
- Video shows man's arrest after suspect allegedly drove into restricted area at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Daughter of Cleveland firefighter Johnny Tetrick speaks in court during suspect’s arraignment in deadly hit-and-run incident
- Firefighters respond to library on Lorain Avenue in Cleveland after flames spark on roof
- Vermilion Fire Marshal crashes car into fire station following health incident
- Man sentenced in deadly hit-and-run that killed 3-year-old girl riding bike in Cleveland
- 'Leave now! Get away from my property!' Owner of 'A Christmas Story' House in Cleveland seen yelling at film's actor Yano Anaya amid property sale
- Cleveland firefighters battle blaze on East 57th Street: Two people jump from second-story window
- Holiday lighting ceremony held at Nela Park in East Cleveland: Gallery, video
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on Dec. 1, 2022.