MANSFIELD, Ohio — "I believe in two things: Discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord. Your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank."
It has been more than two decades since Warden Samuel Norton uttered those famous words in Frank Darabont's unforgettable Shawshank Redemption.
25 years after the iconic film debuted, the cast of the iconic film is reuniting this weekend where it all began -- at the historic prison in Mansfield.
The celebration takes place Aug. 16-18 with the following cast / crew scheduled to attend:
- Bob Gunton -- Warden Norton
- Mark Rolston -- Bogs
- Gil Bellows -- Tommy
- Frank Medrano -- Fat Ass
- Neil Giuntoli -- Jigger
- Alfonso Freeman -- Red's mugshot, fresh fish guy
- Scott Mann -- Glenn Quentin
- Renee Blaine -- Linda Dufresne
- Claire Slemmer -- Bank Teller
- Frank Darabont -- Director and screenwriter of the film
- Ben Mankiewicz -- Turner Classic Movies host will lead cast / crew panel and reception
You can see a full lineup of the event schedule HERE.
See the film's trailer: