CANFIELD, Ohio — A shooting happened at the Canfield Fair on Saturday night, according to reports from NBC affiliate station WFMJ.
Authorities confirmed to WFMJ that shots were fired last night at the fair in Mahoning County.
Canfield Fair officials released the following statement:
"The Fair Board will not tolerate conduct like that which occurred Saturday night and will take all steps necessary to ensure the safety of all those attending and working at the Fair including an enhanced police presence for the remainder of this year's Fair. We thank the Fair Police Department, the Mahoning County Sheriff's Office, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the Canfield Police Department, and other law enforcement agencies for all their work in keeping the Fair a safe place. As the incident of Saturday night is the subject of criminal investigation, the Board will have no further comment at this time.
All events and activities that are scheduled for Sunday and Monday will take place as planned. We hope you continue to celebrate the unofficial end of Summer at the Canfield Fair."
The Mahoning County Sheriff's Office told WFMJ that seven juveniles and four young adults were arrested. The 11 individuals are being charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and obstruction.
Stay with 3News as we learn more details about this incident.
- 16-year-old shot in arm by Akron police officer according to Akron Police Chief Stephen Mylett
- Body of missing 4-year-old found in north Columbus pond
- Northeast Ohio high school football team honors Maxton Soviak
- See all the prizes won in Ohio from the Mega Millions lottery drawing on September 2, 2022
- Fuel leak ruins NASA's 2nd shot at launching moon rocket
- Second Artemis 1 rocket launch attempt scrubbed
- See all the prizes won in Ohio from the Mega Millions lottery drawing on September 2, 2022Apples ripen ahead of schedule, filling the trees at Wayne County orchard
- Cleveland City Council to interview its finalists for police commission appointments
- Ashland man found dead inside home; another taken to hospital with 'troubling' injuries
- Uninvolved customer shot amid dispute about incorrect change in Akron convenience store