x
Breaking News
More () »

Estimated $100,000 in damage reported after fire inside of a Streetsboro home

Fire investigators believe that the blaze was started by a candle that was left burning.

STREETSBORO, Ohio — Fire officials say that more than $100,000 in damage was caused by a blaze that broke out early Saturday morning in Streetsboro. 

According to the Streetsboro Fire Department, crews were called out to the 600 block of Stewart Avenue around 6:15 a.m. for a report of a fire inside of a home. Officials arrived on scene and activated the mutual aid alert system, bringing in fire crews from Aurora, Kent, Twinsburg, Mantua-Shalersville and Remindersville. 

The blaze seemed localized to the front of the home's structure and crews were able to successfully put the fire under within an hour. 

SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top local and national headlines sent to your email inbox each weekday morning with the 3News to GO! newsletter

According to officials, the home did have working smoke detectors and all occupants were able to escape without major injuries. 

Investigators remained on scene for several hours and determined that the blaze was ignited by a candle that was left burning in a bedroom inside the residence and damage to the structure is estimated to be in excess of $100,000. 

The Streetsboro Police Department and Streetsboro Water Department assisted in the process of putting out the fire. 

At this time, the residents- including two adults and two children-are being aided by the American Red Cross. 

No other information is available at this time. 

MORE MAJOR HEADLINES FROM AROUND NORTHEAST OHIO: