EUCLID, Ohio — A 13-year-old boy has died from an apparent drowning at Villa Angela Beach, the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office said Tuesday morning.
The boy, identified as Omarion Baker of Canton, was pronounced dead at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center following the incident Monday.
According to Lt. Mike Norman with the Cleveland Division of Fire, the teen was recovered by Cleveland Fire Rescue Divers late Monday afternoon and is currently in unknown condition.
The incident happened around 7:15 p.m. when Cleveland Metroparks Police responded to calls about a teen who went under while swimming west of a designated swim area at the Euclid Creek Reservation beach.
Norman tells 3News that witnesses say the victim was underwater for about 40 minutes before being rescued.
The Cleveland Metroparks Police is currently investigating the incident.
No more information is available at this time.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates.
- RELATED: 10-year-old boy among 2 dead after pulled from water at Wallace Lake in Berea
- RELATED: Cleveland Metroparks gives warning and safety tips after father, son drown in Berea's Wallace Lake
- RELATED: 2 dead, 1 life-flighted to MetroHealth after speed-related incident on Broadway Avenue in Maple Heights
- RELATED: Looking at the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning while boating
- RELATED: Carbon monoxide intoxication contributed to University of Cincinnati sophomore from Strongsville's drowning, coroner reports
Editor's note: the video in the story above is from a story published on June 13, 2021.