BLOOMING GROVE, Ohio — Two drivers were killed in a head-on collision on State Route 13 in Richland County Monday morning, the Ohio State Highway Patrol said.
At around 6:19 a.m. Monday, OSHP officials said a northbound 1997 Buick LeSabre driven by 33-year-old Sandusky resident Charmeka Sherman veered left of the center line and struck a 2016 Dodge minivan operated by 37-year-old Brian Hall of Wakeman. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash occurred on Route 13 between Free Road and Noble Road in Blooming Grove Township. The road was closed in both directions for approximately four hours following the deadly accident, but has since reopened.
Personnel from the CB&S Joint Fire District, the Ohio Department of Transportation, and Valley Towing assisted at the scene. OSHP is currently investigating the crash.
- 5 hospitalized after U-Haul Truck crashes into pedestrians following Cleveland Puerto Rican Festival
- Father killed, 9-year-old boy seriously injured after car slams into horse-drawn buggy in Geauga County
- Actress and Northeast Ohio native Anne Heche hospitalized after crashing car into house
- 2 dead, 1 critically injured following fiery head-on crash in Ashland County
- Man sentenced to 2 years in prison for role in deadly pursuit that killed Bluffton officer Dominic Francis
- Fire in Huron County ruled arson, investigators offering $5,000 reward