CLEVELAND — Officials from the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) on Thursday announced the kick-off of summer 2021 construction projects in Northeast Ohio.
The live-streamed event took place at the ODOT Garage in Medina, an important location as ODOT plans to soon break ground on the expansion of SR 18, a $24 million project expected to be completed by June of 2024.
"ODOT, Medina County Engineer, city of Medina, Medina and Montville townships, and our stakeholders are pleased this project will be moving forward,” ODOT District 3 Deputy Director Bob Weaver said. "We want to remind motorist to always pay extra attention as they go through construction projects such as this, as traffic patterns change frequently and may not be the same as it was the day before."
ODOT has plans to tackle more than 45 other projects beginning this summer, including work on the Valley View Bridge in Cuyahoga County, I-77 reconstruction in Stark County, and other major improvements on Northeast Ohio roads.
In total, ODOT will work on more than 100 projects across Northeast Ohio, working to fix roadways, intersection improvements, and more. Here's a list of just some of the places where you can expect to see orange barrels:
- Intersection improvements at U.S. 30 & SR 89 and U.S. 30 at SR 603, Ashland County
- New deceleration lane I-71 south exit to SR 176, Cuyahoga County
- Traffic safety improvements on SR 87, SR 88, SR 168, SR 528, and SR 608, Geauga County
- Roundabout construction SR 82 and Chamberlain Rd., Portage County
- Roundabout construction SR 619 and McCallum Rd., Stark County
- I-480 Valley View Bridge, Cuyahoga County
- Opportunity Corridor Section 3, Cuyahoga County
- U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation, Richland County
- I-77/U.S. 30 reconstruction, Stark County
- I-76/I-77/Central Interchange/Akron beltway reconstruction, Summit County
You can view ODOT's full fact sheets for projects in the area below:
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES:
- Ohio State Fair will not be open to the public this summer
- Kane Brown coming to Cleveland with new tour in November
- Michigan man arrested after allegedly claiming to have bomb in trailer at Perry Nuclear Power Plant
- Reports: Search underway for monkeys on the loose in Cincinnati
- Getting your second dose of COVID-19 vaccine? Here's what to expect
- Eagle cam: Third egg hatches in Avon Lake eagle nest at Redwood Elementary School
- LIST | Endorsements for the candidates vying to represent Ohio's 11th Congressional District
- Cleveland City Council President Kevin Kelley to announce bid for mayor
- Playhouse Square to announce KeyBank Broadway Series lineup for Fall 2021
- Kent State University announces COVID-19 vaccine clinics beginning Thursday, April 8