COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio's flags will fly at half-staff in honor of the victims killed in the Highland Park mass shooting that took place on the 4th of July.
Gov. Mike DeWine made the order in accordance with the same order issued by President Biden and will run through July 9, 2022.
As of the publishing of this story, seven victims have perished as a result of the shooting with at least 30 more injured.
The shooter has since been captured but evaded authorities for hours after.
More coverage of the Highland Park tragedy from 3News:
- 4 people, including 3 young sisters, die in Columbus house fire
- Akron police report 'no significant incidents' related to protests Monday evening; downtown curfew will be lifted Wednesday
- Northeast Ohio physicians protest in support of abortion rights
- Man dies in Akron after being stabbed in neck during alleged altercation; suspect arrested
- New details on pilot, passenger released after small plane crashes in Akron