COLUMBUS, Ohio — With the election just a few weeks away, Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose is hosting the final Ready for November Task Force meeting Friday. You can watch it below in this story.
Those in attendance included:
- Frank LaRose: Ohio Secretary of State
- Michelle Wilcox: President of the Ohio Association of Election Officials, Director of the Auglaize County Board of Elections (D)
- Rob Frost: Immediate Past President of the Ohio Association of Election Officials, Board Member of the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections (R)
- Lisa Welch: First Vice President of the Ohio Association of Election Officials, Director of the Holmes County Board of Elections (R)
- Brian Sleeth: Second Vice President of the Ohio Association of Election Officials, Director of the Warren County Board of Elections (D)
It comes as Ohio's deadline to vote arrives in just a few days on Monday, Oct. 5. If you still need to register, you can do it HERE. Here are other important election dates you need to know:
Oct. 6: Absentee ballots are distributed starting today.
Oct. 27: Ohio Secretary of State called this the "realistic deadline" for requesting your absentee ballot. “As you all know, the law says that you may continue to request absentee ballots up until the Saturday before election at noon. That’s a terrible idea," LaRose said during a press conference Sept. 8. "We’re telling everyone, as far as we’re concerned, the logistical deadline, the realistic deadline, is the 27th of October. You really should not request an absentee ballot after that because chances are that you’ll get it on Wednesday or Thursday after the election is over."
Nov. 2: Your absentee ballot must be postmarked by this date if you're mailing it in.