COLUMBUS, Ohio — Although Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine wasn't planning to hold another press conference until next Tuesday afternoon, he has announced he will be speaking at 2:30 p.m. today.
This press conference, however, will carry a different subject matter.
Instead of a focus on Ohio's status and response to the coronavirus pandemic, this press conference will be used to discuss protests that erupted Thursday in Columbus as the nation reacts to the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
The crowd could be heard chanting, "No justice! No peace! No racist police!"
WBNS in Columbus said "protesters began to break the windows of local businesses, bus stops and even the windows and front doors of the Ohio Statehouse."
We will stream the press conference live on WKYC.com.
Black Lives Matter Cleveland is holding a demonstration in downtown Cleveland on Saturday afternoon.
- RELATED: Watch: Protest over the death of George Floyd erupts in downtown Columbus
- RELATED: Justice for George Floyd: Demonstration planned in Cleveland Saturday
- RELATED: 'Justice for George Floyd' is fastest growing Change.org petition ever
- RELATED: MPD Third Precinct burns as protests continue following George Floyd's death
- RELATED: Families of Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd call for end to racial violence
- RELATED: Cleveland 'United Pastors in Mission' speak out against killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officer