CLEVELAND — Class is back in session!
“While we’re excited to return to five-day, full-day classes this year, it is still important that we maintain our COVID-19 health and safety protocols,” CMSD CEO Eric Gordon said in an online statement. “All students, staff and visitors to CMSD schools will be required to wear their masks while inside school buildings. Students and adults will continue to socially distance at least three feet when it is possible to do so, and we will continue frequent sanitation and handwashing breaks as well.”
Gordon also outlined some of the additional changes within the district as follows:
Their return to school also brings several changes beginning this year that parents need to know. CMSD CEO Eric Gordon listed those changes as follows:
- Every CMSD school campus will have a full-time health professional to support the health and wellness of our scholars and our educators.
- We have introduced more inclusive dress expectations for students to replace the District’s prior uniform and high school dress code.
- All CMSD students will have an assigned tablet, Chromebook or laptop with Internet support for their homes.
- CMSD is expanding art, music, physical education, after-school sports and extracurricular activities and out-of-school time partnerships districtwide.
- We are converting our high school libraries into Community, College and Career Hubs and will be launching a 6th- through 12th- grade career planning curriculum to connect CMSD students to living-wage careers after high school.