LAKEWOOD, Ohio — WARNING: The video above may be disturbing for some. Viewer discretion is advised.
A popular local musician is recovering from a bad accident in Lakewood.
Traffic cameras captured the moment, which is graphic and difficult to see. It happened on Feb. 4 at the intersection of Lake Avenue and West 117th Street.
Chuck Eversole and a friend were crossing the street, and there appeared to be only a few cars on the road. Then, while in the crosswalk, Eversole was struck and fell to the ground. The driver remained on scene.
A 1986 graduate of Baldwin Wallace University, Eversole served as the artistic director for The Singing Angels. He now has a shattered clavicle, a contusion to the head, and a badly injured knee.
A GoFundMe page was set up to help with the medical bills while Eversole recovers from home. Donations so far have exceeded $12,000.
- Annual Medina Ice Festival to take place this weekend amid ongoing pandemic
- Tom Seipel, devoted Cleveland Browns fan who realized wish to attend one last game, dies of cancer at 39
- Some of Cleveland's best-loved restaurants send plea for help during COVID-19 pandemic in moving video
- Acts of kindness are enduring under cruel weather conditions
- Caring for area's homeless during freezing temperatures
- Local pastor urges people of color to get their COVID-19 shots
- Iconic Hungarian restaurant in Shaker Square struggles to stay afloat in time of COVID-19
- Thanks to videos, Girl Scout cookie sales are soaring
- Iconic tree along Lake Erie comes down at Huntington Beach in Bay Village