RAVENNA, Ohio — A 49-year-old woman was killed in a car crash that occurred on state Route 305 east of Nelson Parkman Road in Nelson Township, Portage County on Monday morning.
According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the crash occurred at 8:25 a.m. when a 2004 white Chevy 3500 van was traveling east on state Route 305. The car proceeded to gradually travel left of center and off the left side of the roadway, striking a utility pole before coming to a rest.
The driver of the vehicle, 49-year-old Sonia L. Grimmett of Warren, was transported to University Hospital in Ravenna with serious injuries and later pronounced dead. She was the only occupant of the vehicle and was not wearing a safety belt at the time of the crash.
An investigation remains ongoing.
More local coverage from WKYC:
- Tallmadge Police investigating death of 2-year-old; 'very little concern' for foul play
- Copley police search for more suspects in 3 Summit County killings; potential 4th victim 'played dead' to survive
- Nearly 100-year-old Akron home goes up sale on Merriman Road for first time in decades: See photos inside
- Buchtel beats Lutheran West 51-49 to win 1st-ever OHSAA boys basketball championship
- Cleveland among Travel + Leisure's top 10 best food towns in the country
- Body of woman found in Cleveland's Slavic Village neighborhood
- Canton police: Man dead, woman seriously hurt in domestic violence fight
- Cleveland man who prosecutors say called wrong number in murder-for-hire plot to kill son faces sentencing this week
- Gas prices drop again across Northeast Ohio: See how Akron and Cleveland compare
- Water main break causes road collapse in downtown Cleveland
- Archbishop Hoban beats Pickerington Central 53-47 to win OHSAA Division I boys basketball championship
- Lutheran East beats Ottawa Glandorf 67-61 to win OHSAA Division III boys basketball championship
- BCI joins Geauga County law enforcement in search for missing elderly woman
- 49 straight victories! Richmond Heights wins 2nd straight OHSAA Division IV boys basketball championship