KENT, Ohio — How long has it been since you've had a good, old-fashioned snowball fight? Hundreds of people at Kent State did just that late Monday night as a winter storm moved through Northeast Ohio.
KentWired shared a pair of video clips with 3News that shows the snowball fight happening on Kent State's main campus near Taylor Hall. KentWired says it started around 10:30 p.m. and wrapped around 11:20 p.m. "when the police arrived."
KentWired estimates the snowball fight attracted between 300-500 people after being organized through a GroupMe. You can watch video from the snowball battle below:
While one person commented on the videos regarding COVID-19 concerns, two others had different opinions.
"Kids having fun blowing off steam," one posted on KentWired's Twitter videos. "They need this"
"Looks like a damn good time to me!" another wrote.
- RELATED: FORECAST | See the extended 7-day outlook for Northeast Ohio
- RELATED: List: Snow parking bans in effect throughout Northeast Ohio
- RELATED: Send us your snow photos & videos: We might use them on TV
- RELATED: Need exercise in the winter? Try snowshoeing in Geauga County!
- RELATED: Laura DeMarco's guide to beat the winter blues in Northeast Ohio
- RELATED: Expert provides tips for driving in Northeast Ohio's wintry weather