PORTAGE COUNTY, Ohio — *Editor's Note: The video in the player above is from a previous report.
Officials in Portage County made a large discovery during the execution of a search warrant on Friday, January 21.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives along with the Portage County Sheriffs Office Drug and Violent Crime Unit and Portage County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home in Ravenna Township with a federal search warrant.
While the warrant was being executed, officials located 20 firearms and approximately 5,000 rounds of ammunition.
While officials did not identify the suspect the warrant was issued against; the individual was prohibited from possessing a firearm due to a previous convictions for felony drug trafficking and drug possession in Portage County.
The evidence collected will now be presented to the United States Attorney's Office for future criminal charges.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News on-air and online for the latest updates as they become available.
- RELATED: Cleveland Browns' Nick Chubb, Joel Bitonio, Myles Garrett named All-NFL by Pro Football Writers of America
- RELATED: Here's what you need to know about the 2022 tax season
- RELATED: US puts 8,500 troops on heightened alert amid Russia tension
- RELATED: LIVE BLOG | Snow and cold temperatures causing issues for Northeast Ohioans: Closures and more
- RELATED: ODOT advises travelers to 'be patient' amid snowy conditions during afternoon commute