EAST CANTON, Ohio — An investigation is underway in Stark County after a body was found along Hardington Avenue near 12th Street NE in East Canton on Tuesday night.
The Stark County Sheriff's Office responded to the scene at 8:58 p.m. after a passerby called to report the body, which deputies located upon their arrival.
Authorities are only describing the body as that of a male. The person's name and age have not been released.
Anybody with information on the situation is asked to contact the Stark County Sheriff’s Office at 330-430-3800 or the Anonymous Crime Tip Line at 330-451-3937.
The Stark County Coroner’s Office and Canton Township Fire Department also assisted at the scene on Tuesday night.
Stick with 3News for more details as the investigation continues.
- Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner rules death of 4-year-old Euclid boy as homicide; 2 arrested
- Parma man sentenced to life in prison for 2021 murder of his girlfriend
- 2 teens in custody after overnight police chase in Parma
- Lake County Clerk of Courts Faith Andrews accused of mocking judges, mismanaging office
- Cleveland City Council approves expanding the jurisdiction of Case Western, University Circle police departments
- Lyndhurst police investigating shooting of business owner; provides video and suspect vehicle description