STARK COUNTY, Ohio — Editor's Note: The above video is from a previously published, unrelated story.
A fatal crash on Wednesday in Osnaburg Township is being investigated by the Stark County Sheriff’s Office.
At approximately 9:51 p.m. Wednesday night, Stark County Sheriff’s Office Deputies were called to the 7000 block of Orchard View Drive Southeast in Osnaburg Township due to a single-vehicle crash. Authorities say that the driver of a 2012 Chevrolet Impala was headed east on Orchard View Drive SE and failed to negotiate a curve in the road. The driver then ran off the right side of the road into a wooded area before striking a tree.
When the authorities arrived on the scene, they found the driver deceased. The driver of the vehicle has been identified as 43-year-old Timothy Michael Wilson of Minerva.
Authorities did not note whether the driver was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, and did not disclose whether drugs or alcohol are thought to be a factor, either.
The crash still remains under investigation and those with information regarding it are asked to call the Stark County Sheriff’s Office at 330-430-3800.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- 65-year-old bicyclist dies after being struck by car in Shaker Heights
- Summit County Sheriff's Office arrests man in connection to Sunday night murder
- Lorain County prosecutor: Elyria police used reasonable force after officer caught on camera smashing suspect's head into cement
- 70-year-old retired deputy from Ohio arrested after refusing to leave her daughter's side at Florida hospital
- Akron police looking for answers after 19-year-old shot and killed Tuesday evening
- Show us something good: Parma police detective takes his dogs out on jet ski