SUMMIT COUNTY, Ohio — The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office is working with the Macedonia Police Department to investigate a Wednesday afternoon traffic fatality involving a 22-year-old.
According to officials, the single-car incident happened around 12 p.m. on the southbound lane of Route 8 near Brandywine Creek when the car traveled off the roadway on the left side and struck a barrier.
Police officials tell 3News that the vehicle then traveled through the median and landed in Brandywine Creek, ejecting the 22-year-old victim.
The victim was pronounced deceased at 12:38 p.m. by medical personnel.
The Summit County Medical Examiner's Office says that the identification of the 22-year-old will be made public once the victim's next of kin has been notified.
No other information is available at this time.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES:
- RELATED: Ohio attorney general asks Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade
- RELATED: Portion of I-77 north closed after truck tips over near I-271 interchange
- RELATED: Team USA pole vaulting alternate Matt Ludwig of Chardon called to compete in Tokyo Olympics after Sam Kendricks tests positive for COVID-19
- RELATED: Ohio COVID-19 cases rise above benchmark 50 per 100,000 people
- RELATED: Cleveland Browns DE Myles Garrett on Simone Biles' Olympics withdrawal: 'I don’t like that she did it, but I believe that it took a lot of courage'
Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a story published on Feb. 11, 2021.