BARBERTON, Ohio — An investigation is underway after the drowning death of a 19-year-old man in Barberton.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter
19-year-old Oscar Ramirez and two others were swimming in a pond located on South Van Buren Avenue in Barberton on Saturday evening.
At around 7:30 p.m., Ramirez drowned in the pond and did not surface.
Dive teams from the Barberton Fire Department, Coventry Fire Department and New Franklin Fire Department responded to the scene and recovered him.
According to the Summit County Medical Examiner, Ramirez was transported to Barberton Citizen's Hospital.
Ramirez eventually died at the hospital around 8:14 p.m. on Saturday night.
The Summit County Medical Examiner's office is currently investigating this situation.
Stick with 3News as we learn more details and update this story.
More Summit County headlines:
- Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan and Police Chief Steve Mylett respond to criticism of treatment of protesters by Akron Police
- Akron NAACP releases list of demands following death of Jayland Walker: 'Justice is coming'
- Gov. Mike DeWine announces Northeast Ohio students selected as members of new Student Safety Advisory Council
- Akron police to conduct use-of-force investigation after video appears to show officer punching protester
- Loved ones killed by police bond Akron protesters