NORTON, Ohio — A 69-year-old man has died following a house fire in Norton.
It was around 1:30 a.m. Friday when the Norton Fire Department responded to a home in the 3800 block of Wooddale Drive, according to the Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Firefighters found the victim, identified as James E. Tribble, on the second floor of the residence. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 5:02 a.m. An autopsy revealed that the cause of death was smoke inhalation. The manner of death is still pending.
Officials told 3News at the scene that authorities also rescued two elderly people from inside the house.
- Missing Cuyahoga Falls woman found safe, kidnapped by suspect who allegedly killed her mother
- Police asking for public's assistance in finding suspect who robbed, injured elderly woman in Lorain
- 70-year-old man dies after struck by vehicle while crossing Akron street in hit-and-run incident: Driver wanted
- Two former Cuyahoga County Jail correction officers sentenced in corruption cases
- 7 Northeast Ohio counties reach Level 4 'purple' COVID-19 risk level; Cuyahoga County on watch list
- Richland County sheriff's deputy shot, suspect killed in Mansfield gunfire exchange