Troopers with the Ohio State Highway Patrol say it happened at 8 p.m. Thursday near mile post 133.
Katelyn Bailey was driving a 2010 Nissan Altima northbound on I-77 when the vehicle traveled off the right side of the roadway and struck a guardrail, authorities said in a press release early Friday morning. The Nissan then traveled back across I-77 and struck the concrete median barrier.
The vehicle then caught fire, authorities said. Bailey was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Multiple agencies assisted at the scene, including police and fire departments from both Copley and Fairlawn.
No additional details were immediately available, but we will update this story if any more information is released.
- Summit County deputies investigating after woman struck by car in Green
- State patrol investigating fatal motorcycle crash in Concord Township
- Volkswagen recalls Jettas to fix fuel leaks that can cause fires
- WATCH: Train strikes semi stuck on tracks in Indiana
- Tesla 'full self-driving' vehicles can't drive themselves
- Man killed by suspected drunk driver going the wrong way on I-76 in Akron
- Texas man offers free rides to seniors to drop off absentee ballots
- Traffic changes come to I-480 as new Valley View bridge opens