AKRON, Ohio — A 25-year-old man has died after being shot outside of a residence in Akron.
Authorities say the shooting took place after an unknown suspect opened fire around 10:30 p.m. Thursday in the 300 block of Howe Street.
According to Akron police, the man was found in the front yard of a home with a gunshot wound to his chest. His name has not yet been released.
When EMS arrived, they transported the victim to an Akron hospital where he later died.
At this time, the Akron Police Department is working to identify a suspect in this case.
After the shooting, a witness reportedly saw a vehicle flee the scene.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to contact one of the following numbers:
- Akron Police Department Detective Bureau: 330-375-2490 or 330-375-2Tip
- The Summit County Crimestoppers: 330-434-COPS
- Text TIPSCO with your tips: 274637
MORE AKRON HEADLINES:
- $1 million bond greatly reduced amid lesser charges against 3 men arrested in connection with beating death of Akron teen Ethan Liming
- Summit County Animal Shelter reduces adoption fees for the month of August during Clear the Shelters campaign
- Akron man convicted in 2020 murder
- Akron man charged with fraud, buying house and car with drug money and fraudulent COVID-19 relief funds
- Several Akron neighborhoods postpone annual 'Night Out Against Crime' amid protest threats