As temperatures continue to plummet this week, we came up with a quick list of 5 things you need to know in the coming days:
1. When it gets below zero, your car battery gets put to the test. In fact, your battery needs 60% more energy to get you started.
2. Never let your gas tank go below 50%. The concern is if you do, the gas line might freeze up.
3. You want to make sure that NEVER, under any circumstance, have your car's cruise control on in these conditions. You hit any kind of ice or water and you'll lose total control of your car.
4. Remember the age-old rule in Ohio: If your car is warming up...YOU MUST be inside of it. It's illegal, a misdemeanor offense, to have your car warming up without anyone inside. That's even if it's on your own property.
5. For you iPhone users out there, remember that Apple says that when it gets below 32 degrees, you'll have sub-optimal performance from your device. Get it back in the warmth and you should be good to go.