CLEVELAND — Editor's Note: The above video is from a previously published story related to Issue 24 in Cleveland.
The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections is reminding voters to return their ballots for the upcoming General Election.
According to county officials, only 56% of the 84,779 Vote-by-Mail Ballots have been returned. Election leaders say by this time, they would normally expect the percentage of returns to be at or above 70%.
All early voting ballots must be postmarked, or hand-returned by Monday, November 1.
Nearly 10% of registered voters in Cuyahoga County have requested ballots for absentee voting in the upcoming November Election.
Those who wish to hand-deliver their ballots can bring them to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections up until 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 1. A secure ballot drop box is available in the rear parking lot of the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections.
Residents of Cuyahoga County who wish to participate in early in-person voting can visit www.443vote.us for more information.
Early voting is available Oct. 27-28 from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 30 from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 31 from 1-5 p.m. and Monday, Nov. 1 from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
On Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 2, polling locations across the county will be open from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
Individuals wishing to vote are required to come with identification. Forms of identification that will be accepted include the following:
- Unexpired Ohio Driver License
- State ID Card
- Interim Documentation with your current or former address
- A utility bill
- Bank statement
- Paycheck or government check
- Government document issued within the last 12 months with your name and current addresses
- Military ID
- Poll workers needed for upcoming election in Ohio
- WATCH: 3News' Mark Naymik moderates discussion at The City Club of Cleveland about Issue 24
- Coffee with the Candidates: Austin Love sits down with Cleveland mayoral hopeful Justin Bibb
- Coffee with the Candidates: Austin Love sits down with Cleveland mayoral hopeful Kevin Kelley