CLEVELAND — While "What's Next" won't be airing on WKYC this evening, we're still bringing you all of the latest news in Northeast Ohio. Join Will Ujek, Emma Henderson and Jason Mikell for a special New Year's Day "What's Next" webcast, which can be seen in the video player above, as well as WKYC's YouTube page.
Tonight's webcast includes an update on the death of 25-year-old Cleveland police officer Shane Bartek, who was fatally shot during an apparent carjacking in Ward 17 on Friday night. Later in the day, 28-year-old Anthony Butler Jr. was arrested by Richmond Heights police following a chase and has since been charged with Fleeing, Receiving Stolen Property, as well as "numerous traffic-related charges." A female has also been arrested but her name and charges have not been released.
Plus, we take a look at what was a violent New Year's Eve holiday in Northeast Ohio, Ohio State's win over Utah in the Rose Bowl on Saturday and Jason Mikell has your Saturday night/Sunday morning forecast.
More News from WKYC:
- Ohio State comes back to defeat Utah in Rose Bowl
- Cleveland police officials release name of the off-duty officer shot, killed during robbery on New Year's Eve
- Omicron, winter weather blamed for wave of canceled flights to close 2021
- "A senseless crime and a tragic outcome;" Northeast Ohio officials react to the shooting death of an off-duty Cleveland police officer
- FORECAST | Winter roars back in Northeast Ohio
- 2 suspects in custody after an off-duty Cleveland police officer was shot and killed in Cleveland