A Missouri man found a creative way to draw attention to pothole problems he doesn't feel the local government is doing enough to fix.
After three months of staring at the same pothole, CBS affiliate KCTV reports Kansas City resident Frank Sereno decided to throw a 3-month birthday party for the pothole he says authorities haven't repaired -- despite repeated requests.
Sereno told the CBS affiliate it was too hot to sing a happy birthday tune, but his neighbors were still amused.
A public works official told KCTV that repair crews were working through a backlog caused by rain. Sereno hopes they'll get caught up soon, so he doesn't need to buy another cake.
What other people are reading right now:
- Plane heading to St. Pete crashes in Texas, killing 10
- Trooper gets emotional signing off for the last time
- FDA identifies dog foods possibly linked to fatal canine heart disease
- Report: NASA to explore asteroid so valuable it could make everybody on Earth billionaires
- Teammates, coaches and parents gather to remember teen killed on bicycle
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.