CLEVELAND — Ahead of the Special Primary Election for Ohio's 11th Congressional District on August 3, the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections held a briefing on Friday afternoon.
According to Cuyahoga County Board of Elections Director Anthony Perlatti, more than 7,000 vote-by-mail applications have been received for the Special Congressional Primary Election. However, some of the applications are being rejected because they are missing key information.
In Section 4 of the Cuyahoga County Vote-by-Mail application, voters must list the election month (August), year (2021), and political party affiliation (Democratic or Republican). There are 13 Democrats and 2 Republicans on the ballot for the 11th Congressional District. The winning Democrat and winning Republican in the Special Primary will face off in November's General Election.
Voters are asked to check the Primary Election box, write in August 2021, and then select their political party.
Wednesday marked the first day of early voting for the Special Primary Election. July 31 is the deadline for applications for a Vote-by-Mail / Absentee ballot to be mailed. All Vote-by-Mail / Absentee ballots mailed anywhere in the U.S. must be postmarked on or before August 2 and received at the Board of Elections on or before August 13 in order to be counted.
You can also return ballots to the Board of Election's dropbox at 2925 Euclid Avenue in Cleveland through 7:30 p.m. on August 3.
Early in-person voting hours at the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections will be weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. between now and July 23. From July 26-July 30, you can vote between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. There will also be early voting available on Saturday, July 31-Monday, August 2. Click here for more.
You can watch Friday's briefing in the player below:
- WATCH AGAIN: 3News' Marisa Saenz moderates virtual candidate forum on the impact of the Latino vote in Ohio's 11th congressional district race
- Congressional hopeful Nina Turner endorsed by U.S. Senator Ed Markey
- The Plain Dealer endorses Nina Turner for Ohio's 11th congressional district seat
- Shontel Brown hopes for boost in bid to represent Ohio's 11th Congressional District with endorsement of Rep. James Clyburn
- Democratic candidates square off in City Club of Cleveland's 11th Congressional District primary debate
- LIST | Candidates who will be on the ballot for 11th Congressional and Cleveland mayoral primary elections