TAMPA, Fla. — President Donald Trump was in Tampa Bay Friday afternoon.
Trump participated in a "COVID-19 Response and Storm Preparedness Roundtable." The discussion was in Bellair, which is just south of Clearwater along the beach in Pinellas County.
As of the latest advisory, Hurricane Isaias is no longer forecast to strengthen into a Category 2 storm. A hurricane watch is in effect for parts of Florida's east coast, including north of Deerfield Beach to the Volusia-Brevard County line.
As for the latest coronavirus reports from the state health department, Florida on Friday reported another 257 Floridians had died after testing positive. That's the fourth day in a row the state has broken its own record for the highest number of deaths in a single day's report.
The state on Friday also reported another 8,989 new COVID-19 cases for July 30.
- Car of missing St. Petersburg woman, daughter seen in Tennessee
- Florida reports incorrect child COVID-19 rates amid debate over reopening schools
- Florida is in the cone of Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine
- State Attorney's Office: Man illegally detained Black teen on his way to basketball practice
- Did you get a weird seed packet in the mail? Don't open it: Here's what to do
- GOP unveils 'HEALS' Act with another round of $1,200 stimulus checks
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter