It's important to keep things in perspective during this government shutdown.
In our area, there are some places that will be impacted, like non-essential employees in federal positions.
- National parks like the Cuyahoga Valley National Park won't be open.
- Buying a house might take longer because the Internal Revenue Service and Federal Housing Administration will have furloughed employees, delaying the mortgage approval process.
- Organizations like the Center for Disease Control and Prevention will be impacted. More than half of public health officials will be furloughed, leaving more concern and worry over the unpredictable flu epidemic.
On the other hand, certain benefits and organizations will not be impacted.
- Food inspections
- Federal law enforcement
- Airport security checks
- Social Security and other federal benefit programs
- Military operations, like the Ohio National Guard