CLEVELAND — The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank has helped people in eight different counties for 40 years.
Over its first 40 years, the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank has distributed more than 560 million pounds of food to the local community. In 2021, it distributed 30 million pounds of food, the equivalent of 22.5 million meals, through 600 food programs.
Katie Carver Reed the Director of Network Partners and Programs sat down with the I Promise News Team to talk about how people can get help from the foodbank, what you can do to help the foodbank and how much food they hand out.
“3 Questions” can be seen on “What’s New” at 4pm on Fridays. The interviews are recorded at the Kaulig Media Lab at the I Promise School. The project is a partnership between Kaulig Companies, LeBron James Family Foundation & WKYC Studios.
More 3 Questions with the I Promise team:
- 3 Questions about seasonal fun in the Summit Metro Parks
- I Promise students have 3 Questions about Akron Fossils & Science Center
- 3 Questions: What’s new at the Akron Children’s Museum?
- I Promise Students Have Questions for 3News Leon Bibb
- Flying Over Akron, 3 Questions for a Kent State Pilot
- I Promise Students Turn the Tables on Jay Crawford