A 22-year-old man reportedly pushed a brand new BMW into a river because it wasn't the Jaguar he wanted for his birthday.
The Times of India reports the man named Akash got the car last week, but dumped it into the Western Yamuna Canal.
Fox News quoted a local police spokesperson as saying he had demanded a Jaguar and was upset.
"The youth was arrogant and kept insisting that he be given a Jaguar as a BMW is a little small for him and his friends inside. We would do a preliminary investigation but this seems to be a personal matter. We will proceed according to the law."
The newspaper said the family had sold a car they got from their in-laws to buy the car.
The family said Akash has mental health issues. His father denied Akash wanted a Jaguar, adding the car ended up in the river when his son swerved to avoid an antelope in the road.
What other people are reading right now:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. aboard plane that ran off runway and caught fire
- 12-year-old discovers woolly mammoth tooth while taking family photos
- Toddler stops moving after trip to Clearwater Beach
- ‘Born out of wedlock’ policy used to deny 1-year-old citizenship because her parents are gay
- Woman promised her twins to couple, then backed out, deputies say
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.