CLEVELAND — On December 10th, 2019, Leon Bibb, photojournalist Steve Pullen and Executive Producer Susan Moses traveled to the Charles Dickens school in the city of Cleveland. Leon brought with him the holiday classic, "The Night Before Christmas," which is also known as "A Visit from St. Nicholas."
He read the poem aloud as dozens of 3rd graders watched and listened. Afterward, Leon asked the children about their favorite books.
"Hope to see you next year," Leon said at the end of the program.
Sadly, due to the pandemic and recent rise spike in the omicron variant, our return for another reading will have to wait, hopefully just one more year.
In the meantime, watch Leon's reading of The Night Before Christmas above. You can also watch other Leon holiday stories below.
And continue to follow our stories with Charles Dickens Elementary, our partners in Education Station, as these young students improve on their reading skills throughout the year!
More from Leon Bibb and Charles Dickens Elementary
- Leon Bibb: Cleveland is the holiday town
- Leon Bibb: Holiday lights offer a beacon of hope
- Harlem Globetrotter, Zeus McClurkin shares how he came to love reading
- Education Station: An update on Miss Jasinsky's class at Cleveland's Charles Dickens Elementary School
- Leon Bibb reflects: The nostalgia of Christmastime in downtown Cleveland
- Leon Bibb Commentary | Public Square holiday lights spark memories