CLEVELAND — The Greater Cleveland Sports Awards are returning for its 23rd annual celebration on Wednesday, Jan. 25.
The event, which honors the top professional, collegiate and high school athletes, will take place at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse for the second consecutive year.
3News has compiled a guide of everything you need to know ahead of the event:
When is the event?
- The 23rd annual Greater Cleveland Sports Awards is on Wednesday, Jan. 25, from 5:30-10 p.m.
Who is hosting the awards?
- Legendary Cleveland Browns offensive tackle Joe Thomas is set to lead the honors. Thomas spent 11 seasons with the Browns and has been named a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame during his first year of eligibility.
How can I purchase tickets?
Individual tickets for the event can be purchased HERE
How much are the tickets?
- Individual tickets: $350
- Silver Club ticket with 10 seats: $4000
- Gold Club: SOLD OUT
What is included with a ticket purchase?
What time does the event begin?
- The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with a cocktail hour until 7 p.m.
- The show will take place at 7:30 p.m. followed by an after-party at 9 p.m.
Where can I watch the event?
The live show can be watched on Wednesday HERE.
Below is a list of all of the awards being handed out as well as the nominees:
Male High School Athlete of the Year, presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Dylan Fishback, Aurora High School, Wrestling
- Sencire Harris, St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, Basketball
- Tyler Lencewicz, Shaker Heights High School, Hockey
Female High School Athlete of the Year, presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Katie Clute, Olmsted Falls High School, Cross Country and Track & Field
- Caroline Jurevicius, Notre Dame Cathedral Latin High School, Volleyball
- Tessa Knapp, Bay Village High School, Soccer
Male Collegiate Athlete of the Year, presented by H. Jack's Plumbing & Heating Co. "The Super Plumber!"
- Sincere Carry, Kent State University, Basketball (Solon High School)
- Jacob Decatur, Baldwin Wallace University, Wrestling (Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy)
- Sam Wiglusz, Ohio University, Football (Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School)
Female Collegiate Athlete of the Year, presented by H. Jack's Plumbing & Heating Co. "The Super Plumber!"
- Sophie Calabrese, University of Texas, Rowing (Shaker Heights High School)
- Case Western Reserve University Women's Soccer Team
- Olivia Nagy, John Carroll University, Basketball (Lakewood High School)
Professional Athlete of the Year
- Jarrett Allen, Cleveland Cavaliers, Center
- Nick Chubb, Cleveland Browns, Running Back
- José Ramírez, Cleveland Guardians, Third Baseman
A full list of all the awards being given out at the event can be found HERE.
EDITOR'S NOTE: The video at the top of the story previously aired on 3News on March 24, 2022.