COLUMBUS, Ohio — Jacy Sheldon scored 25 of her career-high 31 points in the first half and Massillon native Taylor Mikesell added 18 points to help No. 21 Ohio State beat Bellarmine 110-58.
Sheldon was 12 of 15 from the field to top her previous high of 29 points. She also had three steals as Bellarmine turned it over 28 times.
OSU (4-0) set a program record for second-quarter points with 39. The Buckeyes were 16-of-24 shooting, going 5 of 7 from distance, in the quarter to help build a 70-33 lead at the break.
This marks the second straight season Ohio State has won its first four contests. The team will next travel south Saturday night for a showdown with in-state rival Cincinnati.
More sports headlines:
- Ohio State moves up to No. 2 in playoff rankings after routing Michigan State
- Former Cavaliers G Iman Shumpert wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- ESPN analysts slam Baker Mayfield for comments about Browns fans
- WKYC.com High School Football Playoff Game of the Week: Archbishop Hoban to face Avon for trip to D-II title game
- Meechie Johnson Jr. hits game-winning 3, Ohio State tops No. 21 Seton Hall 79-76
- Browns to host Las Vegas Raiders at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 18
- NFL Power Rankings Week 12: Cardinals back at No. 1; Colts making moves
- Cleveland City Council to hold final vote next week on its portion of $435 million Progressive Field renovation
- Ortiz, Howard, Lincecum, A-Rod new to Hall of Fame ballot
- 3 Things About the Browns: Nick Camino, Stephanie Haney break down win over Detroit Lions