COLUMBUS, Ohio — Jacy Sheldon scored a career-high 33 points and Rebeka Mikulasikova recorded her second straight double-double as Ohio State downed Michigan State 89-83 Wednesday night.
Stark County native Taylor Mikesell added 25 points as the Buckeyes (12-3, 4-2 Big Ten) rode a strong second quarter to victory. OSU trailed 27-18 after the first before going on a 28-8 run over the next 10 minutes.
The Bucks shot 57% from the field and an astonishing 12 of 19 (63%) from 3-point range. Mikesell made five of those 3s while Sheldon nailed both of her attempts to go with a game-high six assists.
Matilda Ekh led MSU (8-8, 2-3) with 27 points and North Royalton grad Taiyier Parks had 11 and eight rebounds off the bench. The Spartans trailed by as many as 17 but cut the deficit to four with just five seconds left, only for Sheldon to make a pair of free throws to ice it.
Ohio State will get a couple of days off before traveling to Minneapolis to face Minnesota Saturday evening.
More sports headlines:
- Ohio State football releases revised 2022 schedule
- Cavaliers promote GM Koby Altman, sign him to contract extension
- Browns 2022 offseason: Which quarterbacks could be available?
- Cleveland Charge re-signs C Tacko Fall
- Which NFL coaching job opening is the most enticing? | Locked On NFL podcast
- Cleveland establishments can now apply for waiver to serve alcohol until 4 a.m. during 2022 NBA All-Star Weekend