COLUMBUS, Ohio — (AP) Ayo Dosunmu returned after missing three games with a concussion and facial injuries to score 19 points, and No. 4 Illinois rallied late to beat No. 7 Ohio State 73-68.
Andre Curbelo also had 19 points as Illinois (20-6, 16-4 Big Ten) got its second straight road win over a top 10 team after routing No. 2 Michigan on Tuesday. The Illini have won 11 of 12 and enter next week's Big Ten Tournament with a double-bye.
E.J. Liddell led the Buckeyes (18-8, 12-8) with 19 points, and Duane Washington Jr. and Justice Sueing each had 15. OSU led by as many as four, but did not score a single point over the final 3:46 and missed its last 10 shots.
Ohio State has boasted one of the best teams in the country all season, but heads into next week's Big Ten Tournament on a four-game losing streak. They will get a first-round bye as the fifth seed in the 14-team bracket, but regardless of what happens are virtually assured of a spot in the NCAA Tournament.
More sports headlines:
- Cleveland State forward Al Eichelberger re-lives improbable 3-pointer that helped Vikings advance in Horizon League Tournament, talks March Madness
- Browns G Wyatt Teller carries an alligator in crazy offseason workout
- WATCH AGAIN: 2021 Greater Cleveland Sports Awards
- Colin Cowherd criticizes Baker Mayfield for tweeting he saw a UFO; Baker and Tom Brady respond
- Mike Polk Jr.'s take on Baker and Emily Mayfield's UFO sighting
- Indians pitcher Shane Bieber wins Professional Athlete of the Year at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards