COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields has been named the Big Ten's Quarterback and Offensive Player of the Year.
The sophomore Fields is the ninth Buckeye to win the award since its inception in 1990. Fellow quarterback Dwayne Haskins won the award last year.
In his first season with the Buckeyes after transferring fro Georgia, Fields completed 189 passes on 277 attempts for 2,654 yards and 37 passing touchdowns. He also rushed for 470 yards and 10 touchdowns, and has OSU ranked No. 1 in the College Football Playoff rankings and playing for a Big Ten Championship this Saturday.
Fields was also named first-team All-Big Ten Offense by the coaches and the media. He is also a finalist for the conference's MVP award (the Chicago Tribune Silver Football), with the winner being announced Friday.
Check out the full list of Buckeyes to earn top Big Ten offensive honors on Wednesday:
- Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year: Justin Fields
- Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year: Justin Fields
Coaches All-Big Ten Offense teams
- First Team: Justin Fields, J.K. Dobbins, Jonah Jackson
- Second Team: Wyatt Davis, Branden Bowen, Thayer Munford
- Third Team: Master Teague, Chris Olave, Josh Myers, Luke Farrell
Media All-Big Ten Offense teams
- First Team: Justin Fields, J.K. Dobbins, Wyatt Davis
- Second Team: Josh Myers, Jonah Jackson, Thayer Munford
- Third Team: Master Teague, Chris Olave, Brandon Bowen