CLEVELAND — While it may be arriving a few weeks later than originally scheduled, the Cleveland Guardians' 2022 season is almost here. And on Friday, March 18, tickets will go on sale for the Guardians' first home game of the new season, which will take place on Friday, April 15 vs. the San Francisco Giants.
Tickets to the Guardians' home opener will be available for purchase at 10 a.m. ET on Friday at CLEGuardians.com/tickets. Additionally, as a "thank you" to fans, the Guardians are offering a special in which those who purchase tickets to the home opener will also receive a complimentary ticket to any April or May home game, pending availability, courtesy of Progressive.
The complimentary tickets are a one-for-one offer, meaning that someone who purchases four tickets to the home opener will receive four complimentary tickets to the April or May game of their choice. Complimentary tickets will be for the upper reserved area of Progressive Field.
Originally scheduled for March 31, the delayed nature of the Guardians' 2022 home opener comes as a result of a 99-day lockout between the MLB owners and players. After reaching an agreement late last week, the Guardians reported to Goodyear, Arizona, for Spring Training, with their regular season set to kick-off on the road on April 7 against the Kansas City Royals.
More Cleveland Guardians coverage from WKYC:
- Cleveland Guardians announce updated Spring Training schedule after MLB lockout
- Cleveland Guardians announce design partners for Progressive Field renovations
- Silent auction for 2022 Greater Cleveland Sports Awards is now live
- Cleveland Guardians arrive in Arizona for 2022 Spring Training
- Cleveland Guardians release statement as MLB lockout ends; home opener set for April 15
- Social media reacts after MLB, players reach deal to start baseball season