BOSTON — Editor's note: Video at the top of this story was originally published in an unrelated article regarding Franmil Reyes on Aug. 26, 2021.
Going… Going… Gone!
Cleveland Indians' Franmil Reyes clobbered a home run over the infamous Green Monster at Fenway Park against the Boston Red Sox on Sunday – and he’s crediting the homer to eating two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
“Two scoops. Voila,” Reyes said during the game’s broadcast as the announcers laughed.
The Indians ultimately beat the Red Sox 11-5.
Reyes has now hit 26 home runs so far this season – including six in the last 30 games. It also marked the 19th straight game that the Tribe hit a home run, which ties the team’s record set back in May of 2000.
The Indians are currently in second place in the AL Central with 68 wins. That puts them 11 games behind the Chicago White Sox and three games ahead of the Detroit Tigers.
- RELATED: Cleveland Indians homer in 19th straight game, beat Boston Red Sox 11-5
- RELATED: Franmil Reyes surprises Cleveland Indians fan battling breast cancer with message of support
- RELATED: Cleveland Indians partner with Walls of Love for 'epic' 1,000th wall
- RELATED: Topgolf Live to take over Progressive Field this fall
- RELATED: Slider is staying as mascot as Cleveland Indians change name to Cleveland Guardians
- RELATED: Cleveland Indians right fielder Franmil Reyes reveals his favorite thing about Cleveland: 'Beyond the Dugout'
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published Aug. 3, 2020.