CLEVELAND — In connection with CLE Inspires Week, the Cleveland Indians will host their third annual Giveathon, presented by Kaulig Giving, when they host the Los Angeles Angels at Progressive Field.
This year's event, which will air live on WKYC Channel 3, as well as Bally Sports Great Lakes, will benefit two of the Cleveland Indians' Charities' main programs, PlayBall CLE! and Cleveland RBI, with a goal of raising raise $250,000 to help Cleveland kids learn, grow, and win on and off the field.
Those looking to support this year's Giveathon can do so by visiting www.Indians.com/giveathon beginning Friday, August 20 thru end of day on Sunday, August 22. Additionally, Friday's broadcast will highlight youth baseball and softball initiatives through produced features and guest appearances with Kaulig Companies Chairman Matt Kaulig providing live donation updates throughout the game.
Additionally, the first 300 people to donate $100-or-more on Friday will receive an autographed baseball from either José Ramírez, Aaron Civale or Zach Plesac. Over the course of the first two Giveathons, Indians fans and partners have raised nearly $500,000 for Cleveland Indians Charities.
More Cleveland Indians coverage from WKYC:
- Nike unveils Cleveland Indians' Little League Classic jersey
- Jorge Polanco's 10th-inning double lifts Minnesota Twins past Cleveland Indians, 5-4
- Cleveland Indians hosting annual Giveathon this week: How you can donate
- Cleveland Indians P Triston McKenzie jokes about near-perfect game
- Triston McKenzie comes close to giving Cleveland Indians first perfect game since 1981; Tribe wins 11-0
- Ernie Clement 2 HRs, Miguel Cabrera stays at 499; Cleveland Indians beat Detroit Tigers 7-4
- PETA petitions Cleveland Indians to include a veggie dog mascot in Hot Dog Derby