CLEVELAND — Eddie Rosario hit a two-run double and Bobby Bradley homered as the Cleveland Indians beat Baltimore 7-2, sending the Orioles to their 17th straight road loss.
The Orioles (22-44) made four errors and moved close to the major league record of 22 consecutive road defeats, shared by the 1943 Philadelphia Athletics and 1963 New York Mets. Amed Rosario got three hits, stole a base and drove in a run for Cleveland, which never trailed in winning for the fourth time in five games.
The Indians are a season-high eight games over. 500 at 36-28, still 4 1/2 games behind the Chicago White Sox for first place in the American League Central division. Starter Cal Quantrill gave up one run over four solid innings, while James Karinchak was credited with his fourth victory in relief.
The Tribe will go for three in a row Wednesday night behind the pitching of MLB wins leader Aaron Civale (9-2, 3.17 ERA). Keegan Akin (0-1, 4.13) will start for the O's.
More Indians headlines:
- Indians place Shane Bieber on injured list with shoulder strain
- Indians' Josh Naylor reveals why his walk-up music is Guns N' Roses: 'Beyond the Dugout' interview
- Former Indians All-Star Jim 'Mudcat' Grant dies at 85
- Downtown Cleveland comes to life again as more places open up
- 5 potential trade targets for the Indians in 2021
- Best of the rest: What are some of the other options for the Indians' new name?
- To the moon! Indians launch crypto-inspired All-Star campaign for Jose Ramirez